The fax machine has been a staple of businesses for as long as most of us can remember. With familiarity, there is always (ALWAYS) a resistance to change. This is true with the office copier as much as it is with anything else. I thought I would use this post as an opportunity to talk about why scanning is generally better than faxing.
- Scanning or Scan to Email is better because when you send a scan to someone’s E mail, you can prove they received it… A fax can always be lost.
- Scanning and E mailing doesn’t cost money to do “long distance.”
- Scanning has clearer image quality
- Scanning has the document already in electronic format, like most people want
- Scanning if faster than faxing
Maybe you fax because your customers make you. That’s a fair reason to keep using a fax. If you are asking people to fax ir offering to fax, you need to experience scan to E mail (done well)!