With public health concerns surrounding the Corona-virus outbreak, here a few tips for guidance on how to properly clean your Xerox equipment.
Cleaning Your Printer or Multi-function Device
- Turn off your device and disconnect AC power. You will also want to unplug from the outlet before you begin cleaning your device. Do not clean your products while the power is turned on and plugged in. This can cause electrification.
- Before cleaning, moisten a soft, clean, lint free cloth with a mixture of 30% water and 70% isopropyl alcohol (also known as rubbing alcohol). The cloth should be moist but have no free liquid to prevent dripping. Avoid using fibrous materials like paper towels.
- Be sure to wear disposable gloves made of either latex or nitrile when cleaning and disinfecting your equipment. Discard gloves after each use and clean your hands immediately after they are removed.
- Do not spray liquids directly onto the machine.
- When cleaning, gently wipe a moistened cloth on the surface. Take care when doing so to prevent moisture from getting inside or between gaps, buttons or around the control panel in the device. Disinfectant entering the product can result in damage or machine failure due to corrosion.
- When cleaning a display screen or control panel, be sure to wipe in one direction moving carefully from the top of the screen to the bottom. Be careful not to rub the panel strongly as it can easily crack or scratch.
- Before cleaning, be sure that the surface has air dried completely before turning the device back one as there should be no visible moisture on the device before turning it on.
Instructions for Safely Handling Isopropyl Alcohol
Be sure that you are cleaning your products safely. Here are a few tips to protect yourself and others:
- Store it in a cool area that is well-ventilated and be sure to keep the container tightly closed.
- Keep it away from heat and other potential sources of ignition.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
- Use it with adequate ventilation.
- Should it make contact with your skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
Other Precautions to Consider:
- For parts that are part of regular system maintenance, follow the Xerox approved documented cleaning methods.
- High levels of alcohol use can result in uneven color, cracks or blurbs in the surface and discoloration on your pints. Be sure to follow the tips and instructions above and try cleaning on the inconspicuous areas first.
Looking for more information? Call us today at 970-373-2546!